Roku media player is now available on the market today with its best features. Using this media player, you can watch photos, videos and play music.
Start streaming now to enjoy your favorite movies and videos on your Roku media player
A USB thumb drive is essential to use the media player and the player is pre installed on some of your Roku devices.
More about Roku media Player
Setting up of Roku media Player is easy if you have a Roku device with a USB port. The application finds the USB port drive quickly. You can select the server and the file type now and the application will scan for the available files and the directories from which you can browse and select the media file.
File Formats supported
The application supports video file formats like MKV (H.264), MP4 (H.264) and MOV (H.264). Other file formats supported by the player includes
Music –AAC, MP3, WMA, WAV (PCM), FLAC
Image-JPEG, PNG, GIF
The media player also allows you to browse and play contents from servers on your local network as well as USB. Other media servers supported are Twony, Windows Media Player, Plex, and Tversity. Unsupported file types cannot be viewed using your Roku media player.
The type of audio formats that are supported depends on the type of TV/AV receiver to which your Roku device is connected.
To play music or Video on your Roku Player using a USB Device
- The first step is to identify the USB Port of the player and insert your USB Device.
- You will be prompted to complete the Roku account activation process first if your Media player is not configured. A Roku activation code is essential for creating a Roku account.
- Go to the respective website to enter the Roku activation code.
- If you have already configured your device, the media player will automatically detect your drive.
To play the content available on LAN
DLNA (Digital Living network alliance) is a standard technology available using which you can share the content between the devices.
How to use your Roku media player
- Ensure that your Roku device is already configured.
- The first step is to go to media type selection and select the media type.
- Now choose the device from which you have the content to play.
- Press ok or select the play file option.
- You have options like Play/pause, forward or Rewind buttons to play videos as per your requirement.
- Press * button on your remote for play back and browsing.
Options to convert your files are also available on your Roku media player.
To know more about your Roku media player and the Roku account activation using the Roku activation code, you can call us on our toll-free number +1-855-729-8080 and our network support team is here to assist you.